With nearly 4,000 students in nine topic areas, the St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences is a key player in the Austrian higher education sector and one of the most important employers in the region. The St. Pölten UAS stands for unique creative possibilities as well as team-oriented collaboration and leaves room for individual development and personal growth. Staff members also profit from our European network within the context of the University Alliance E³UDRES²! The University of Applied Sciences is constantly growing. We are looking for a
Researcher in Artificial Intelligence f/m/d
What you will be working on
- You take over central research agendas in research projects (FWF, FFG, HORIZON, etc.) in the areas of Human-Centred AI and Interactive Machine Learning
- You independently disseminate publications and hold presentations in an international scientific environment
- You contribute to project acquisition (third party-funded projects) and take over responsibility in ongoing projects
- To a small extent, you hold lectures and supervise academic theses
What we expect from you
- PhD in Computer Science (or an equivalent technical degree)
- First post-doc research experience in fields such as: Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Human-Centred AI, Generative AI, Reinforcement Learning, Unsupervised/Self-Supervised Learning, Neuro-Symbolic AI, Causal Machine Learning
- Intensive international publishing activity and teaching experience
- Active acquisition of third-party funds for own research (as PI) and experience as project lead are an advantage
- Motivation to establish your own research area in the AI sector (including personnel and subject responsibility) in the medium term, plus plans for habilitation if applicable
- Communication skills, self-organisation skills, reliability, independent work style, team spirit
What we offer
- Long-term employment (30-40 hours/week) in an exciting working environment
- Numerous benefits such as flexible working hours, remote work (working from home and on the go), free parking, further training, workplace health promotion, etc.
- More free time for our staff: additional special leave days from 24/12 to 31/12 as well as on Good Friday
- A gross annual salary that takes your qualifications into account: € 60.926.- according to FWF, Austrian Science Fund (Postdoc) (basis: 40 h/week; no all-in contracts) with flexitime option (no core time) and comp time
Your application is this way!
For the St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences, the variety and diversity of its staff members is the key to innovation, success, and further development. Applications by qualified women are particularly welcome. In the case of equal suitability, we give precedence to applicants with special needs. We explicitly invite persons with a migration background to apply. We are looking forward to receiving your application!