Reference Number 2020/074. The start date for the two positions are July 1st, 2020 and October 1st, 2020 or by agreement. The positions are available for three years.
Two doctoral positions are available in the research field of superconducting spintronics and superconducting devices for technological applications. The research projects focus on combining superconductor and ferromagnet materials to fabricate electronic devices with high energy efficiency for large data centers and quantum technology applications. The doctoral positions are funded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation through a Sofja Kovalevskaja research grant and by the DFG SPP2244 program “2D Materials – Physics of van der Waals [hetero]structures (2DMP)”, respectively. The research has a strong interdisciplinary focus, at the intersection between materials science, condensed matter physics and low-temperature physics. The working language is English.
- Synthesis of
- Strong written and oral communications
- Excellent development opportunities,
- Strong written and oral communications skills are required in English
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills, and great motivation
- Past experience with materials growth (oxide or 2Dmaterials) and transport measurement software acquisition and/or analysis preferred
- Excellent development opportunities, extensive training
- A professional infrastructure and an appropriate workplace for conducting research
- International collaborations and exchange research visits
Questions can be directed to Dr. Angelo Di Bernardo and Prof. Elke Scheer via phone: (+49 (0)7531 88-4686). We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents until July 30, 2020 via our Online application portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in the field advertised (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/equal-opportunity/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).Continue reading
|Title||Two Doctoral Positions in Experimental Condensed Matter Physics (f/m/d)|
|Employer||University of Konstanz|
|Job location||Universität Konstanz, 78457 Konstanz|
|Published||April 30, 2020|
|Application deadline||July 30, 2020|
|Job types||PhD  |
|Fields||Electromagnetism,   Experimental Physics,   Condensed Matter Physics,   Materials Physics,   Quantum Physics  |