Are you ready to help build the future? The IDLab research group needs an alround system administrator to help manage its cutting-edge IT infrastructure.
The IDLab research group of imec and the University of Antwerp performs fundamental and applied research on internet technologies and data science. In simpler words: we help designing the 5G network of the future and build new Artificial Intelligence solutions. Our team and IT infrastructure are constantly growing and we need a system administrator to grow with us.
We have a unique research infrastructure used in numerous national and international collaborations for you to discover: from a large-scale AI cluster to a wireless and edge computing testbed in Antwerp to enable self-driving cars. To make all this infrastructure walk in line, we need a superhero. You will explore and maintain advanced technologies jointly developed with industry, universities, international R&D centers, as well as numerous ambitious startups. You will apply and develop your engineering superpowers in the domain of machine learning, network administration, server maintenance, etc.
Would you like to unlock your engineering superpowers with IDLab? Look no further! We strongly believe that the deeper we dive into our potential, the more opportunities unfold before our eyes. Start your unending exploration with IDLab now.
You are unique. So are we.
We are looking for a system administrator who will set up and maintain a multitude of systems, ranging from laptops over VM clusters to testbed infrastructure.
- You are responsible for maintaining the main backend systems in use at IDLab Antwerp, including:
- You maintain several firewall systems ensuring the logical separation and security of the different IDLab subnets.
- You maintain and improve the monitoring systems that are in place to check the health of all of our systems
- You make use of existing systems such as Zabbix, Jenkins, …
- If required, you expand upon these existing systems to create custom monitoring solutions, in collaborations with experts in the field
- You maintain our different testbeds (City of Things, Smart Highway) ensuring they can be used by internal and external experimenters
- In case of (technical), IT-related questions from your colleagues, you are willing to assist them to solve their problems
- Together with your colleagues, both within IDLab, as within imec as a whole, you are working on solutions to monitor the health status IoT sensors, deployed in the field and in use in several projects. Additionally, you work together with experts to implement failure prediction/anomaly detection models for these sensors.
- You have a Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, informatics or electrical engineering or equivalent through experience or self-study.
- You have experience in system administration
- You have a keen interest in devops and AI.
- You are well-organized and able to autonomously plan and execute tasks.
- You are a team player and have excellent communication skills in English.
- You are experienced in scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Perl).