As Research Engineer Computer Vision & Machine Learning, you will:
- Work together in a research team with experts in control, sensing and mechanical design;
- Take the lead in adding vision capabilities to multidisciplinary mechatronic systems;
- With your background in computer vision and image processing algorithms, you will:
- Study, design and implement computer vision algorithms (Python, C++, Matlab);
- Engineer feature extraction methods and decision systems, both rule- and machine learning based;
- Train and deploy classifiers and strengthen the system with deep learning algorithms;
- Use leading computer vision libraries (OpenCV, dlib, ImageJ/Fiji, Halcon);
- Choose the right optics, lenses, illumination, imaging sensors and computing platforms for the challenge;
- Perform camera calibration and implement stereo/3D imaging architectures;
- Prepare functional prototypes and demonstrators.
- A PhD in computer vision or another relevant domain (Electronic/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology, Robotics, Mathematics or Physics…)
- Min. 3-5 years of experience in research or industry in designing computer vision algorithms;
- Familiarity with leading computer vision libraries (OpenCV, dlib, ImageJ/Fiji);
- A thorough understanding of machine learning methods and associated software libraries (scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, scipy, weka, Keras, Tensorflow);
- A keen interest in designing and implementing computer vision set-ups (cameras, imaging sensors and technologies, system-on-chip and other computing platforms).
- Open-source software minded, have a good familiarity with Linux systems;
- Eager to write new project ideas into project proposals;
- Passionate about research and new technologies;
- Result-oriented, responsible, self-directing;
- Pro-active and taking initiative;
- Eager to learn.
Flanders Make offers you the opportunity to develop yourself in a network of top industry players, universities and research institutes;
- An energetic, flexible and challenging working environment;
- A warm and open-minded atmosphere;
- Top colleagues that are expert in their domains opening doors for fruitful collaborations and learning;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work in our offices in Leuven, in Lommel or in Kortrijk (flexible workplace policy).