We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Vision, Automation & Control is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
Scientist (m/f/d) High-Performance Vision Systems
- Center for Vision, Automation & Control -
- Our ompetence Unit High-Performance Vision Systems (HVS) has been active in research for industrial inspection and quality assurance for more than 20 years, which makes us a technology leader in this area.
- We develop ultrafast line scan sensors and cameras, we design scalable embedded vision systems and apply machine learning methods (for e.g. deep learning) to conduct high-performance visual quality inspections of products in manufacturing plants and production processes.
- We develop 2D and 3D vision systems, that go beyond state-of-the-art. To reach this we combine innovations in hardware, software and algorithms.
- You investigate 3D inspection and measurement systems to improve accuracy, speed and reliability.
- You develop algorithms for fast 3D point cloud registration, modelling and optimization.
- You take up the latest research results from the field of image processing and computer vision and actively develop them further.
- You lead small to medium-sized research projects and actively engage with our national and international research partners.
- You contribute to the definition of our strategic research direction and you prepare project proposals with support from your colleagues – Together, you bring ideas to life.
- You build a network with both industrial and academic partners.
- You will publish your results in high-ranking journals and will support other scientists in doing so.
- You supervise international interns, master and PhD students.
- Realize vision solutions together with a team of specialists in 3D and 2D Vision, AI, FPGA and electronics, CUDA, high speed computing, inspection systems, robot vision und more.
- Your novel computer vision and 3D algorithms enables optical inline inspection at unprecedented speed, flexibility and robustness.
- As part of an interdisciplinary team, your solutions improve the working world of the future and contribute to sustainable production processes.
Your qualification as an Ingenious Partner:
- Completed technical studies in computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, physics or other related fields
- Excellent knowledge of mathematical methods, especially numerical methods
- Experience in computer vision or image processing, especially in the design of complex algorithms
- Good programming skills in Python and MATLAB.
- Knowledge and/or lab experience of image acquisition techniques, optics, camera interface etc. is an advantage
- Ability to work in a team, flexibility and commitment
- Very good command of English, both in spoken and written, German knowledge is an advantage
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 49.532,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online.
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?