We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Low-Emission Transport is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
Scientist (m/f/d) Battery Materials Characterization
- Center for Low-Emission Center -
- The synthesis, development, electrode processing and characterization of active materials for lithium and post lithium-ion batteries is essential for improving their electrochemical performance. In addition, the in-situ and post-mortem characterization of electrodes can help deepen the understanding of the degradation mechanisms occurring at the bulk- and interface levels.
- Together with our international multidisciplinary team of scientists, students, engineers, and technicians, you will characterize the next generation of energy storage materials for a sustainable electromobility of the future.
- You develop concepts, specifications, and procedures for the bulk and interface characterization of existing and new materials for energy storage applications.
- You apply techniques such as XRD with Rietveld refinement, Raman spectroscopy and SEM on electrode active materials and electrodes pre- and post-cycling
- You are responsible for large infrastructure devices for XRD, XRF, and Raman spectroscopy measurements
- You help design, acquire and lead projects with industrial clients on the post-mortem characterization of battery cells.
- You strengthen your network with both industrial and academic partners.
- You support other scientists and scientific publications requiring fundamental materials characterization.
- Your results contribute to the success of our current research and development projects.
- You lead and conduct customer projects.
- You establish new methods and processes within our battery materials development and characterization team.
- Your results will build your expertise and international recognition within the area.
Your qualification as an Ingenious Partner:
- You hold a PhD degree in chemistry, physics or materials science with a strong background in crystallography
- You have at least 5 years of experience in fundamental physico-chemical characterization characterization techniques such as SEM, Raman spectroscopy, and/or XPS
- You master the XRD technique including Rietveld refinement
- Some experience in gas chromatography would be seen as a plus
- You are a good communicator and highly motivated team player
- Very good German and English (written and spoken at technical level)
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 55.020,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of diversity is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants.
Please submit your application documents including CV, cover letter and certificates online.
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?