The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international, research university.
The University of Luxembourg is seeking to make an appointment within its IT Department for the following position:
Security engineer (m/f)
- Réf: AC-50010145
- Permanent contract, 40 hrs per week
- Foreseen starting date: as soon as possible
- Employee status
The IT Department of the University is responsible for providing IT services to its approx. 8000 users. It operates a modern infrastructure and our services are centered around key technologies such as Microsoft, Cisco, Checkpoint and F5 products.
This role will report into the Team Leader Infrastructure and Architecture. The security engineer will closely collaborate with the Infrastructure and Architecture team and the CISO.
- Work closely with the Infrastructure and Architecture Team to deliver high value added IT services to the University’s users
- Work with the Infrastructure and Architecture team to define, build and manage the global IT infrastructure architecture
- Design, install and manage security solutions to protect University’s IT resources
- Work together with University’s CISO to make the necessary improvements to the security of IT
- Ensure that the documentation of security environment is constantly up to date
- Supervise the work of external suppliers
- Keep up to date with changes in the industry in network and security environment, and suggest improvements for the University’s environment
- Participate in the writing of technical specifications for public tenders in the network and security environment
- Ensure that the capacity of the security equipment is constantly adapted to the business needs
- Realize or supervise forensic analysis when needed
- Act as backup for the network engineer in the management of wired and wireless LAN and WAN solution in place in the network
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related fields
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Exposure to designing and delivering network and security strategies
- Strong expertise in the following domains is required:
- Firewall technology (Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Cisco FWSM)
- F5 Reverse Proxy (APM, ASM, LTM, …)
- VPN Technologies (Cisco ASA, Checkpoint)
- Network Access Control (802.1x, ACS, ISE, DNA)
- Exposure to network technology will be a strong advantage:
- High performance networking (40Gb/s, 100Gb/s)
- Cisco network technologies (Routing, Switching)
- MPLS, IPv6, IPv4, Routing protocol BGP and OSPF
- Monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Tuffin, Splunk)
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems
- Strong communication skills, presenting highly technical issues verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical personnel at all levels in the organisation
- Real team player used to evolve in a high-level expectations environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives
- Fluent in French and English, German or Luxembourgish is an asset
Applications will be handled in strict confidence.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.