Department : Vaccine Trial Team & Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Diagnostics
Regime : Full-time
The Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute is looking for a full-time (100%)
Postdoctoral scholarship holder in the field of mathematical modelling in immunology (not bioinformatics)
- You will be working on an ERC Starting Grant and will develop mathematical models that allow you to model how T-cells evolve within an individual after an infection.
- You help coordinate project proposals in the field of mathematical modeling in immunology and contribute to attracting external funding.
- You assist in the supervision of PhD students and other team members.
- You fulfil a limited number of teaching activities.
- You participate in the provision of academic services: you represent the research group both internally and externally, help to coordinate service projects, and so on.
- You hold a PhD degree related to mathematical modeling in immunology (or epidemiology) (or you will have obtained it by the time you start work).
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You are flexible and a team player.
- You can speak and write fluently in English and are also willing to learn to express yourself in Dutch.
- Must have skills
- Programming (C++, Matlab, R, …)
- Must have insights (by prior education, training, …)
- Differential equation modeling
- Good to have
- Experience with supercomputing and individual-based modeling
- Experience with T-cells (either experimental or computational)
- Experience with advanced statistics such as longitudinal modeling (mixed models etc)
What we offer
- We offer a full-time appointment as a postdoctoral scholarship holder for a period of 1 year (renewable afterwards);
- The planned start date is 1st of January 2021 or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for postdoctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at the Campus Drie Eiken in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 1st of November 2020 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter and your academic CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Pr Benson Ogunjimi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.