The Université catholique de Louvain is a French-speaking university located in six different locations including Charleroi. With a multicultural and multilingual environment, UCL is open to the world and hosts students and researchers from around the world. The university is highly ranked internationally and is a major employer in Wallonia and the Brussels region. UCL operates faculties, research institutes, and administration to fulfill the three missions of teaching, research, and service to society.
e-OMIX is a new project launched a UCLouvain and aims at establishing a new bioinformatic hub for sharing and leveraging omics data (collected from different platforms quantifying cellular molecular content) across different laboratories in Brussels and Wallonia for research and clinical purposes.
• Build bioinformatics pipelines processing single-omics data (mass spectrometry, high-throughput sequencing, etc.)
• Implement specific cloud-based storage and computation
• Develop solutions for the exchange and interoperability of large biological datasets (in accordance with HL7 FHIR standards)
• Develop and deploy specific modules to optimize experimental workflow, such as Quality Control or sample tracing
• Help with designing automated or semi-automated statistical analyses
• PhD in computer science, software engineering, or related field, or Master’s degree with 5-year work experience (senior position) or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field (junior position)
• Demonstrable experience with the following tools:
– Object-oriented programming (Java or C++)
– Data science, machine learning (Python), and/or statistical computing (R)
– Databases (PostgreSQL)
– Responsive Web applications (Spring, Vue.js, Bootstrap…)
– Professional software development (e.g., unit testing, version control, continuous integration, release cycles, Git, etc.)
– Cloud architectures
• Interest in biological or medical research
• Ability to work both autonomously and within a team
• Good written and oral communication skills, English proficiency
• Experience in biology, bioinformatics, health informatics, or in any position involving biological or medical data
• Experience with Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
• Knowledge of R Bioconductor package
• Familiarity with open-source software distribution
• A collaborative work environment: The project is conjointly led by the Computational Biology (CBIO) and Computer Engineering (INGI) units from UCLouvain and will involve other major academic actors.
• The collaborator will be partly based in the A6K startup incubator in Charleroi, and partly home-based (with occasional travels to UCLouvain’s Brussels or Louvain-La-Neuve campuses)
• Flexible workhours
• Reimbursement of travel expenses
Candidates are invited to send their application (resume and cover letter) at email@example.com by March 1st 2024.
Number of offers available 1
Offer DescriptionThe Nanobiophysics lab at UCLouvain (Belgium) is offering a post-doctoral position in virology and biophysics to investigate virus infections at the multicellular spheroid and organoid scale. Utilizing advanced microscopy techniqu...
Offer DescriptionCompanyThe Université catholique de Louvain is a French-speaking university located in six different locations including Charleroi. With a multicultural and multilingual environment, UCL is open to the world and hosts students and...
Offer DescriptionYoung Post-doctoral/Engineer position at IMCN/BSMA, UCLouvain, Belgium : - Recycling (reuse) of scrap produced from manufacturing methods for CFRP aerospace products - Recyclage des chutes de production à base de renforts carbone ...
Organisation/Company Université catholique de LouvainDepartment Institutue of NeurosciencesResearch Field Neurosciences » NeurophysiologyResearcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1)Country BelgiumApplication Deadline 31 Jan 2024 - 18:00 (Europe/...
University: UCLouvain (Louvain School of Engineering) Department: Institute of Mechanics, Materials, and Civil Engineering Lab: Sustainable Energy Systems Professor: Hervé Jeanmart Field: Energy System Modeling Contract Duration: 12 months (Full-t...
University: UCLouvain (Louvain School of Engineering) Department: Institute of Mechanics, Materials, and Civil Engineering Lab: Sustainable Energy Systems Professor: Hervé Jeanmart Field: Energy System Modeling Contract Duration: 24 months (Full-t...