Reference number: SF 34756
Publication internal and external until: 02/04/2023
Concerns: Institute of Information and Communication technologies, Electronics and applied Mathematics (ICTEAM), sector of Science and Technology (SST)
Full time, open-ended contract.
The mission of the candidate will be to offer IT support to the research activities of the division of Applied Mathematics (INMA) of ICTEAM.
The successful candidate will develop, in coordination with the other computer scientist of the institute, support to the implementation and diffusion of research results. This includes development of algorithmic, software, database and other computerized resources specific to the research activities of the institute. These activities also involve participation to the training of graduate students, to the publication of scientific results relying on computer resources and to the application of research projects in related areas.
The job will be under the supervision of the president of the institute ICTEAM. It implies:
- Maintenance, building, installing computer resources and databases
- Installation and use of specialized software,
- Implementation of algorithms for large databases,
- Development of algorithms for diffusion of results across several research environments,
- Support to research teams to build and organize databases, diffusion and confidentiality
- Development and use of visualization methods,
- Development or researchers’ expertise through training, and transmission of training across generations of researchers,
- Support to writing scientific publications and research projects with components linked to the mission.
- Doctor in Science, Engineering Science or in related fields,
- Experience with algorithms for large databases
- Team spirit
- Interest towards research in applied mathematics
- Interest for service
- Good knowledge of French and English to interact with researchers and participate in international research projects and scientific production
Please apply online only, until the 2nd of April end of the day
Offer DescriptionYour tasksAt least 90% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation.You will be contributing to the EOS project "High-dimensional expanders and Kac-Moody-Steinberg groups", joint ...
Offer DescriptionWe are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious postdoctoral fellow to study the pathophysiological bases of vascular anomalies via analysis of proteomic data obtained from patient-derived cells and sera. The postdoctoral fellow ...
THE UCLOUVAIN UNIVERSITY&STATE ARCHIVES OF BELGIUMrecruitA specialist in computer science or digital humanities m/f/x1 open-ended FTE: 50% PostDoc (UCLouvain) and 50% project manager (AGR)with a particular interest in the automatic processing of d...
We are very pleased to share an opening for a postdoctoral position in the Advanced Drug Delivery and Biomaterials Group, LDRI, Université Catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain), Brussels, Belgium to join the team of Prof. Anne des Rieux.The ProjectPie...
Offer DescriptionDescription: The Network Control & Optimization group in the ICTEAM institute at the Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium, has an open position for a Ph.D. student in Systems and Control. The goal of this Ph.D. project...
Offer DescriptionThe NanoBioPhysics lab, a leading academic biophysics laboratory, at the Université catholique de Louvain (Belgium) is seeking a highly motivated and talented Postdoctoral Research Fellow to join its team. The successful candidate...
The Université catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain) is internationally recognized for research and teaching quality in many different fields of expert...Visit the employer page