On-campus interviews are an essential step in the faculty member, PhD student, or postdoc hiring process.
I. POSITION IDENTIFICATION
NAME OF THE POSITION: Director of the Department of Natural Sciences
UNIT: Academic Vice-Rector
II. PURPOSE OR MISSION OF THE POSITION
Plan, organize, develop and control strategies and actions aimed at the effective development of their areas of knowledge, in the permanent search of academic excellence, using the development of science, technology and culture to achieve it.
1. Develop the institutional education project policies
2. Implement the strategies of development plans in the ongoing quest for excellence
3. Promote the development of autonomous, responsible, innovative and interdisciplinary educational processes that enhance the capacity of analysis, inquiry, critical thinking, creativity and problem-solving in students in accordance with their level of training
4. Implement comprehensive evaluation strategies consistent with the pedagogical proposal and skills training, in order to facilitate verification of the permanent student learning
5. Promote the qualification of the teachers in charge, through processes of pedagogical updating, management English, participation in academic networks and training in masters and doctorate studies
6. Strengthen and evaluate teaching processes consistently in order to give feedback the academic curriculum.
7. Lead research projects in line for institutional research and articulated with public and private sector
8. Promote the research training consistent with the level of training
9. Keep a group of professors from the plant with the highest levels of training in accordance with the financial ability of the institution
10. Developing activities and projects of science, technology and innovation in conjunction with networks, public or private entities
11. Articulate the research work of doctorates with masters and undergraduates
12. Obtain external resources to co-finance research projects
13. Systematization of information on teaching, research and extension activities and projects to facilitate organizational learning
14. Lead generation, acquisition, transfer and appropriation of relevant knowledge to the environment by the teachers in charge
15. Make visible the knowledge generated by the teachers in charge in order to increase their rates of citations
16. Lead the creation processes of undergraduate, master's and doctoral programs that strengthen the research and extension processes
17. Lead the processes of self-evaluation and self-regulation
18. Promote an international vision in the professors in charge
19. Practice teaching, research and extension
20. Perform other responsibilities established by law, the statutes or internal regulations or which are assigned, commissioned or delegated by competent authority to do this and which are consistent with the level, type and degree of employment held.
V. V. CONTRACTUAL CONDITIONS
Type of contract: Indefinite term.
Salary allocation: $2000 - US $3300 / 1746,59-2881,87 € (depending on investigative experience and background in administrative positions)