Field of knowledge: Engineering
FAPESP process: 2016/10636-8
Project title: From the cellular plant to the bio-refinery biodiesel-bioethanol: a systemic approach applied to complex problems in micro and macro scales
Working area: Process Engineering
Number of places: 1
Principal investigator: Everson Alves Miranda
Deadline for submissions: 2019-06-15
Publishing date: 2019-05-15
Locale: Av. Albert Einstein, 500 - Cidade Universitária Zeferino Vaz, Campinas e São Carlos
E-mail for proposal submission: firstname.lastname@example.org
One post-doctoral position is open to develop research in Brazil. The selected candidate will work at the Bioprocess Engineering Laboratory (LEBp) of the University of Campinas’s Chemical Engineering School (FEQ/UNICAMP), and at the Bioprocess Development and Automation Laboratory (LaDABio) of Federal University of São Carlos’s Chemical Engineering Department (DEQ/UFScar), located respectively in the cities of Campinas and São Carlos, São Paulo State. The opportunity features scholarship from the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP).
The research topic is: synthesis, optimization and technical-economic analysis integrated to the simulation of the biorefinery biodiesel ethylene-bioethanol 1G-2G. This research line is affiliated with the FAPESP Thematic Project “From the cellular plant to the bio-refinery biodiesel-bioethanol: a systemic approach applied to complex problems in micro and macro scales”.
The post-doctoral researcher will work in the following activities:
1) Development and updating of models using the EMSO platform – Environment for Modeling, Simulation and Optimization (Soares and Secchi, 2003, doi.org/10.1016/S1570-7946(03)80239-0; Furlan et al., 2012, doi:10,1016/j.compchemeng.2012.04.002);
2) Simulation of biorefinery case studies, including subprocesses for the production of high-value products, with emphasis on the process of oil and carotenoid production by the unconventional yeast Rhodotorula toruloides grown in hemicellulosic sugarcane bagasse hydrolyzate (Bonturi et al., doi:101016/.procbio.2017.03.007);
3) Analysis of the processes using the methodology of retro-technical-economic-environmental analysis (Furlan et al., 2016, doi: 10.1021 / acs.iecr.6b01757; Longati et al., 2018, doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2018.04.102);
4) Inclusion of environmental impact metrics in the reverse analysis cited in 3).
Communication between the researcher PD and the various research subgroups, working on different subprojects of the Thematic Project, will be part of the activities of the researcher, since information provided by the researchers in the laboratories of the subgroups and by the simulation group should be a continuous and bidirectional flow. The simulations will be carried out in the standard software of the group for simulation of bioprocesses, the EMSO.
This research program requires experience in:
1) Simulation and optimization of biochemical processes, preferably using the EMSO simulator;
2) Use of tools such as SimaPro®, RenovaCalc, Excel®, Matlab®, and/or equivalents;
3) Technical-economic-environmental analysis. Familiarity with EMSO is an important competence due to the duration of the scholarship (18 months).
Fellowship: BRL 76,960.80/year
Duration of the fellowship: 18 months
Instructions for application
Those interested in this scholarship must submit a curriculum vitae in pdf of up to 3 pages (do not send curriculum vitae generated by the Lattes platform) until June 15th, 2019 (see instructions for curriculum vitae submission below), showing their experience with the techniques required for the vacancy in question and highlighting their publications in indexed journals.
E-mail for application: email@example.com.
The subject of the message must be “your name_PD - Biorefinery 05-2019”, with a pdf file attached no more than 2 MB.
This opportunity is open to candidates of any nationalities. The selected candidate will receive a Post-Doctoral fellowship funded by the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) in the amount of R$ 7,373.10 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.Continue reading
|Title||Post-doctoral Fellowship in Process Engineering|
|Employer||São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP)|
|Job location||R. Pio XI, 1500 - Alto da Lapa, CEP 05468-901 São Paulo/SP|
|Published||May 16, 2019|
|Application deadline||June 15, 2019|
|Job types||Postdoc  |
|Fields||Biotechnology,   Biochemistry,   Bioengineering,   Environmental Engineering  |