Field of knowledge: Geosciences
FAPESP process: 2017/50343-2
Project title: Institutional Development Plan in the Digital Transformation Area: Advanced Manufacturing and Smart Cities
Working area: Geosciences, Environment and Strategic Planning
Number of places: 1
Principal investigator: Zehbour Panossian
Unit/Instituition: LRAC / IPT
Deadline for submissions: 2018-10-21
Locale: Av. Prof. Almeida Prado, 532, São Paulo
E-mail for proposal submission: email@example.com
The IPT - Institute for Technological Research of the State of São Paulo makes public the opening of applications for a post-doctoral fellowship in Geosciences, Environment and Strategic Planning. The research aims to contribute to IPT’s project to develop an Intelligent Remote System for Contaminated Sites Management within the context of Smart and Sustainable Cities. The post-doctoral candidate must analyze the impacts that the Digital Transformation will cause to the current model of Contaminated Sites Management in the State of São Paulo, as well as demonstrate the applicability of the proposed system in the current and to future scenarios.
Fellowship duration: Two years, funded by the Sao Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) and linked to the Institutional Research Development Plan (Plano de Desenvolvimento Institucional de Pesquisa - PDIP - Process: 2017/50343-2).
Research Place: Institute for Technological Research (IPT), São Paulo - SP, Brazil.
Department: Center for Geoenvironmental Technologies.
Unit: LRAC -- Waste and Contaminated Sites Laboratory.
Career Stage: Desirable 1 to 3 years research experience after PhD completion.
Closing Date: October 21st 2018 23:00 (Brasilia time).
Salary: R$ 7.373,10 Post-doctoral fellowship of São Paulo Research Foundation-FAPESP - (http://www.fapesp.br/3162).
- Bachelor in the areas of Engineering, or Geology or Geography;
- Ph.D. related to Geosciences and Environment and / or Strategic Planning;
- It is desirable curriculum experience with studies related to the Contaminated Sites Management methodology adopted in the State of São Paulo - Brazil, or according to the Brazilian specific federal legislation on the subject (CONAMA [the National Environment Council] resolution 420/2009);
- It is desirable curriculum experience with Strategic Planning Studies or Technical and Economic Feasibility Studies for environmental technologies;
- The candidate must be fluent in Portuguese and English;
- It is essential a candidate willing to work in a multidisciplinary team, be proactive and have facility for verbal and written communication;
- The academic curriculum, as well as the history of publications, will be considered in the selection;
- Candidates without experience in studies related to Strategic Planning, or Technical and Economic Feasibility Studies for environmental technologies, or Contaminated Sites Management will not be considered;
- Exclusive dedication is required;
- It is expected the publication of two scientific papers in Qualis A1 or A2 journals.
The application must be sent to the Waste and Contaminated Sites Laboratory, Institute for Technological Research (IPT), São Paulo, reference "Candidate for Post-doctoral Fellowship-LRAC", to the follow e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
1) A cover letter describing your research interests and career objectives;
2) Curriculum vitae;
3) A copy of your official transcripts;
4) PDF files of MSc Dissertation and PhD Thesis.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the selection process.Continue reading
|Title||Post-doctoral Fellowship in Contaminated Sites Management|
|Employer||São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP)|
|Job location||R. Pio XI, 1500 - Alto da Lapa, CEP 05468-901 São Paulo/SP|
|Published||September 13, 2018|
|Application deadline||Unspecified deadline|
|Job type||Postdoc  |
|Fields||Environmental Science,   Geography,   Geotechnical Engineering,   Geology,   Environmental Engineering,   Spatial Planning  |