The Social Sciences Department of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (PUCP), invites applications for a full-time Sociology Research Professor position (tenure track) in Sociology of Culture and/or Sociology of Communication with experience in qualitative research methods.
- Ph.D. in Sociology, Cultural Studies, Social Sciences or a related field.
- Experience in Qualitative Research Methods for the Social Sciences.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English. Command of another language at the intermediate level will be evaluated positively.
- Teaching experience at the university level (at least teaching assistant)
- Having presented papers in academic congresses related to his/her area of specialization.
- Having published his/her research in indexed scholarly journals: at least 2 publications in Scopus, WoS or equivalent journals in the last 4 years.
Duties and responsibilities
- Besides his/her own subjects of interest, the candidates would be expected to teach BA, MA and PhD courses in some the following areas: sociology of culture, cultural studies sociology of communication, qualitative methods.
- Supervise undergraduate and graduate student’s dissertations.
- Present the results of his/her research in international academic conferences.
- Publish the results of his/her research in Scopus or WoS (Q1/Q2) journals.
- Participate in and collaborate with the academic activities of the Social Sciences Department and the Sociology section.
Salary: PEN 12,000, before taxes, 14 salaries per year
Deadline for receiving applications: March 5, 2023.
Starting date: August 2023
For more information and to apply, please follow this link: