The Open University of Cyprus invites applications for the following academic positions in the Faculty of Economics and Management and in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences:
Faculty of Economics and Management
- One (1) academic position at the rank of Professor and/or Associate Professor in the area of “Accounting or Finance”.
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- One (1) academic position at the rank of Lecturer and/or Assistant Professor in the area of “Political History and Theory (Interdisciplinary approaches)”.
The following criteria will be used for the selection:
- Doctoral degree from a recognized University in a relative area of the position
- Research experience, quality and extent of research track record.
- Ability to guide and foster research and ability to attract external research funding.
- International recognition of research track record.
- Teaching experience in higher education.
- Experience and qualifications in open and distance learning (knowledge and contribution in developing relevant technologies; teaching experience; development of suitable didactic material, particularly of digital material; contribution in developing didactic methods/methodologies).
- Experience in developing new study programs.
- Administrative and organizational experience (organizing and managing teams, projects, departments).
- Experience (studies, teaching, research) in international environments.
- Very good knowledge of the English language
The appointee’s main duties will be the following:
- Development of personal research activity; organization and leadership of a research team; attraction of external research funding.
- Supervision of doctoral students and postdoctoral research fellows.
- Distance teaching, including extensive use of asynchronous and synchronous technologies, and holding group advisory meetings (tutorials) (with physical presence or virtual).
- Supervision of undergraduate and Master’s theses.
- Improvement of teaching practices and methods, as well as of the content of thematic units (i.e. courses) of the programs of study offered by the Faculty, and preparation of digital didactic material suitable for distance learning.
- Organization and coordination of and guidance to the teaching staff of the thematic units.
- Check and assessment of the content of the thematic units.
- Ensuring the overall quality of the didactic work of all teaching staff teams.
- Continuous update of existing programs of study and development of new ones.
It is not necessary for candidates to be citizens of the Republic of Cyprus.
The language of instruction at the OUC is Greek, English and Turkish. Candidates for the announced positions must have good knowledge of the Greek language. If a candidate who does not have sufficient knowledge of the Greek language is selected, s/he must ensure that s/he will gain good knowledge of the Greek language (according to the Council of Europe Language Policy Portal- https://www.coe.int/en/web/language-policy/home) within 3 years after his/her appointment.
The total annual gross emoluments (including the 13th salary) for each academic rank, according to the current legislation, is:
Professor (Scale Α15-Α16) €71.900,40 - €93.462,98
Associate Professor (Scale Α14-Α15) €63.416,34 - €86.455,46
Assistant Professor (Scale Α13-Α14) €59.173,14 - €79.802,32
Lecturer (Scale Α12-Α13) €49.973,56 - €73.185,97
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- Applications must be complete and may be submitted only through the OUC e-recruitment portal (https://careers.ouc.ac.cy/apply_en?sap-language=EN&sap-return-url=%2fapply).
- Applications may be submitted from Friday 09 September 2022 until Tuesday, 13 December 2022 at 13:00 (Cyprus time).
- To be considered, an application must include all the required certificates and documents and must be submitted online through the portal. Original certificates must be presented when requested. Applications that do not include the required documentation will not be considered.
Applicants must submit the following in the English language:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Copy of passport/ identity card.
- Copies of academic degrees.
- Cover Letter stating the position and the rank/ranks applied for.
- A short description of the applicant’s future research plans (up to 1500 words).
- A short description of the teaching methods that the applicant uses (up to 1500 words).
- Copies of the three most representative publications.
- Names and contact information of at least three university Professors who will be asked to provide letters of recommendation directly to the Open University of Cyprus.
For more information concerning administrative issues, candidates may contact the Human Resources Department of the Open University of Cyprus at +35722411662 from 08:00-15:00 (Cyprus time), or through email at email@example.com. For more information concerning academic issues, candidates may contact the Rector’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information concerning the Open University of Cyprus, the postgraduate program in respect of the vacancy announced, and the academic posts in general, can be found on the University’s website, https://www.ouc.ac.cy/index.php/en/