Group: Simulation and Agents in Multiple Domains
Contract duration: 2 years (option of permanent employment)
Start: February 1st, 2019
EMPHASIS OF THE RESEARCH GROUP:
The SAM group researches and develops technologies to simulate and optimize complex energy systems and their interaction with information and communication technologies, the electrical grid and its components, the market as well as generation and consumption. An important task is to strategically develop the internationally used co-simulation framework mosaik and the integrated frameworks for multi-agent systems. The aim of the group is to use its co-simulation approach as an industry-relevant test-environment for distributed control strategies.
In coordination with the directors and professors in the energy division you will be responsible for
- strategic development of the group’s R&D-activities,
- employee management,
- the group’s external representation,
- acquisition of research projects and of direct commissioning from industry,
- contributions of own R&D content and publications as well as
- operative execution of R&D-projects, in particular project- and personnel management.
- You have already gained first leadership skills.
- You have knowledge in the field of software engineering or project management.
- Preferred are candidates with knowledge in (co-)simulation or multi-agent technologies.
- You share our passion for application-oriented research.
- You hold a scientific degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field, doctorate preferred.
- Knowledge of German is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Professional and socially attractive working environment with an international focus
- Excellent opportunities for the development of professional/personal skills e.g. in cooperation with the University of Oldenburg
- Support for learning the German language
- Corporate culture characterized by tolerance and openness
- Salary according to the collective agreement for the public sector (depending on qualification group E14 TV-L)
- Severely disabled applicants are given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification
- Family friendliness through great flexibility in organizing your working time
- Part-time employment is possible.
CONTACT: Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Christoph Mayer
Tel: +49 (0) 441 9722 -108
OFFIS e. V.
Escherweg 2 | 26121 Oldenburg