Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL) - operates Europe's leading research facility for basic research with neutrons in Grenoble (France). The passion for progress and technology unites us and makes innovation in science and research possible every day. Let's work together to change our society and our world for the better.
Within the Industrial Liaison Unit (ILU) of ILL's Partnerships and Communication Service (PACS - 9 people), you will create an effective and efficient interface between industry research and development (R&D) and the cutting-edge neutron techniques available at the ILL.
- Organise and ensure the efficiency of feasibility studies and proprietary beam time, working closely with instrument scientists and industry clients.
- Optimise an industry strategy to increase industry R&D activity at ILL, including revenue from this activity (currently 0.5 M€ per year).
- Undertake outreach and communication activities for industry R&D at ILL to build up a portfolio of high-potential industry contacts and generate new business opportunities.
- Manage the customer base and maintain an accurate record of all industry-related activities at ILL for periodic reporting to ILL Management.
- With support from the legal service at ILL, organise the contractual agreements for proprietary beam time.
- With the ILL's European project office, identify and pursue project-based opportunities for industry-related research at ILL.
- Liaise with local, regional and international partners to nurture a robust, collective approach to industry services at large-scale research facilities.
- You hold a Master's degree in engineering or a natural science (or equivalent qualification) and have several years of experience in a range of analytical techniques, preferably using neutrons.
- You have excellent communication skills, are highly interested in applied research and have some experience in working with industry.
- You have a strong project management culture, which will enable you to plan and manage the ILL's involvement in R&D with industry partners.
What we offer
Quality of life A hub for research and technology, the city of Grenoble is ideally located in the heart of the French Alps (just 3 hours from Paris/Provence by train, 1 hour from Lyon international airport and 1 ½ hours from Geneva). It is important for us that our staff achieve a healthy work-life balance. We therefore offer home working (under certain conditions), generous annual paid leave entitlement and a host of other benefits that you will discover when you arrive!
Prospects We guarantee you a secure permanent position in a multicultural scientific environment.
We offer generous social benefits (expatriation allowance, excellent health cover), moving and relocation assistance (under certain conditions) and an annual productivity bonus. We also offer language courses for you and your partner and subsidies for the use of public transport and the staff canteen, as well as for holidays and a variety of cultural and sports activities.
Then why not take your next career step with us by applying online - preferably in English - via our career portal by 26.03.2023, quoting reference number 23/10.
Please note that all applicants are subject to administrative screening (background checks). For this post, medical fitness for work under ionising radiation is required.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity and therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
The Institut Laue-Langevin is an international research centre at the leading edge of neutron science and technology.Visit the employer page