→ Apply until 27/08/2019 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
→ Department GE37 - Department of Rehabilitation Sciences
→ AAP temporary appointment - 50%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 201906/GE37/DA/028
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research.
- You will perform research in the area of rehabilitation sciences and physiotherapy in internal disorders (cardiovascular and respiratory disorders, oncology, chronic kidney failure, rheumatology,…);
- You will assist in teaching activities at the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy. The lectures and practical courses are taught in Dutch.
- You will counsel Master’s students in their exercises, work placement and Master’s dissertation.
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department
- You will counsel doctoral students.
- Selected candidates will be contacted in person, with more details about content and date of the selections
- Writing applications for funding and grands will also be part of your tasks
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a doctoral degree in Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy, Movement Sciences, Medicine, Health Education and Health Promotion) or equivalent;
The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have already conducted research within the field of rehabilitation sciences and physiotherapy, especially in the field of internal disorders.
- Research experience specific in diabetes, cardiovascular disorders, kidney failure and/or rheumatology is an advantage.
- You have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher in your doctorate.
- You are profoundly interested in coaching students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Advanced Master’s programmes.
- You have very good Dutch and English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences etc. is recommended.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills
- You may present relevant scientific publications in (inter)national peerreviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a three year appointment, which may be renewed once for three years at the most, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. The term of renewal begins immediately after the first term has expired. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a postdoctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start on 1 November 2019 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online via this application before last application date (see above). Make sure you upload the following documents:
- application letter
- cv, including an overview of your relevant scientific publications (merged into one file of maximum 10 MB)
- a transcript of the required degree
- for diplomas awarded outside the European Union: certificate of equivalence (NARIC) (if you already have it)
We do not accept late applications, applications that are sent by e-mail or applications that lack (one of) the above-mentioned documents.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Patrick Calders (firstname.lastname@example.org, 09/332 69 15).
Work location: Department Rehabilitation Sciences- Campus UZ Gent–ingang 46 – Corneel Heymanslaan 10 - 9000 Gent.