→ Apply until 29/10/2019 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Sciences
→ Department WE05 - Physics and astronomy
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 201906/WE05/DA/012
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research.
- You will assist in teaching activities at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level.
- You will counsel Master’s students in their exercises, work placement and Master’s dissertation.
- You will counsel doctoral students.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a doctoral degree in Physics and/or Astronomy or a degree that by the selection commission as equivalent is considered. For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have already conducted research within the field of Theoretical IntermediateEnergy Nuclear Physics.
- You have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher during your doctorate.
- You are profoundly interested in coaching students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Advanced Master’s programmes.
- You can present relevant scientific publications in (inter)national peerreviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a three-year appointment. The appointment may be renewed once for three years at the most, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. The term of renewal begins immediately after the first term has expired. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a postdoctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start on 1 December 2019 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your relevant scientific publications (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Jan Ryckebusch (jan.ryckebusch@UGent.be, +32 (0)9 264 65 42) or Prof. Natalie Jachowicz (natalie.jachowicz@UGent.be, +32 (0)9 264 66 42.