The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
As a postdoctoral fellow you will be deeply involved in all beamline activities: you will (i) participate in the commissioning and development of the beamline instruments, \ (ii) establish your own in-house research programme, and (iii) provide support to external users as local contact.
The Complex Systems and Biomedical Sciences Group comprises the following beamlines:
- ID02 - Time-resolved ultra small angle scattering (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ID09 - Beamline for structural dynamics (email@example.com)
- ID10 - Soft interfaces and coherent scattering (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ID17 - Bio-medical (email@example.com)
Applications cover various scientific fields such as soft matter, structural chemistry and biology, surface science, coherent imaging, medical imaging and radiation therapy. We are looking for candidates with various profiles interested in instrumental developments, fundamental and applied science.
Applicants are highly encouraged to visit our webpages to know more about our activities and to contact the beamline responsibles.
Further information may be obtained from Michael Wulff (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- PhD in chemistry, physics, biophysics and medicine or related science obtained less than 3 years ago
- A strong background in the interaction X-rays / matter is desirable
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary staff and facility users
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc...).Continue reading
|Title||Postdoctoral Fellows In the Complex Systems and Biomedical Sciences Group|
|Employer||European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF)|
|Job location||71 avenue des Martyrs, 38000 Grenoble|
|Published||March 6, 2020|
|Job types||Postdoc  |
|Fields||Biomedicine,   Biophysics,   Structural Biology,   Radiology,   Medical Imaging,   Surface Chemistry  |