Empa - the place where innovation starts
Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and the well-being of society.
The WoodTec Group in the Laboratory for Cellulose & Wood Materials is offering a
Post-Doctoral position in the research field of Wood Bonding Technologies
Adhesive bonding is a decisive technology for the production of high-performance and reliable wood materials for construction. Related research activities are conducted in a joint working group between Empa, Laboratory for Cellulose & Wood Materials
and ETH Zürich, Chair of Wood Materials Science (D-BAUG)
. This post-doctoral position is available in our group to develop further research activities in the field of wood bonding.
Your Mission and Responsibilities
- Contribution to research projects in cooperation with industrial partners
- Planning and conduction of experimental work in the lab and at industrial production facilities
- Preparation and testing of bonding of wooden specimens with a specific focus on bio-based resin systems
- Participation in project meetings with presentation of work progress
- Presentation of results in scientific journals and at conferences
- A PhD in wood technology, materials science, chemistry or related fields with a strong background in adhesive and bonding technology
- Strong interest in fundamental and applied wood research
- Scientific writing and communication skills
- Fluency in German and English (written and oral) is mandatory.
We expect a highly motivated, open-minded and flexible person with a strong interest in materials science and chemistry and fluency in German and English. Good talent in design and operation of experimental set-ups and laboratory work is mandatory. You will be working in an international, science-oriented team addressing various fields of wood science and technology at a research institution in the Zurich area with outstanding infrastructure and within a broadly interdisciplinary setting. The duration of this position is two years. The project will start October 1st 2021.
For further information about the position please contact Dr Mark Schubert, firstname.lastname@example.org or Prof. Dr Ingo Burgert, email@example.com and visit our websites www.empa.ch/web/s302 and Empa-Video
We look forward to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation, CV, diplomas with transcripts and contact details of two referees. Please upload the requested documents through our webpage. Applications via email will not be considered.
Empa, Patricia Nitzsche, Human Resources, Ueberlandstrasse 129, 8600 Dübendorf, Switzerland.