Discovering new things, driving projects forward and taking responsibility: at Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg (H-BRS), we count on employees who do just that. Together with our 150 or so professors, we seek new solutions, approaches and answers to the many and varied challenges of our time. In doing so, we aim to make H-BRS even better – and with it the 10,000 students from over 100 countries in 38 study programmes that make up our university. Are you ready to take on the challenge?
There is a
professorship (W2) in Computer Science, with specialisation in Artificial Intelligence for Robotics
in the Computer Science Department at the Sankt Augustin campus available as soon as possible.
The contract is permanent.
- provide courses in the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in Computer Science, Business Informatics and especially in the international Master’s programme “Autonomous Systems” of the department in English or German, depending on the programme to which the course belongs
- carry out research and development projects, source and manage third-party-funded projects and participate in science transfer
- support domestic, international and interdisciplinary collaboration with academic, business and societal institutions
- actively engage in the university’s system of academic autonomy
- contribute to implementing the University Development Plan, in particular with regard to sustainability targets
- participate in the establishment and development of study programmes, primarily in the area of Autonomous Systems
- engage in the (co-)supervision of PhD students, e.g., via the PhD programme of the Graduate Institute of NRW (Promotionskolleg NRW)
- play an active role in the activities and development of the Institute for Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems (A2S) and the Bonn-Aachen International Center for Information
- initiate, acquire and manage research and development activities, including the acquisition of third-party funding, especially in the fields of artificial intelligence, autonomous systems, and robotics. The professorship offers excellent opportunities to bring in your own interests and work them into the research and teaching activities of the university.
What we expect:
- meet the employment requirements set out in Section 36 of the Nordrhein-Westfalen Hochschulgesetz (as part of this, three years of experience outside of academia are required)
- be prepared and able to provide courses in English or German
- be willing to help establish and develop our study programmes and assist in introducing innovative digital teaching formats on an ongoing basis
- be willing to take gender and diversity as well as sustainability into account as quality criteria in the areas of teaching, research and knowledge transfer
- have extensive knowledge and experience in at least two of the following fields of artificial intelligence and autonomous systems: Robot Learning (including but not limited to reinforcement learning, informed machine learning, natural language processing, federated learning), Artificial Intelligence (including but not limited to planning, probabilistic robotics / reasoning, knowledge engineering), Cognitive Robotics (including but not limited to self-awareness, situation awareness, or cognitive architectures), Software Engineering for Intelligent Autonomous Systems
- have relevant work experience in one or more of the following robotics-related application domains: Healthcare, Agile Manufacturing, Logistics, Circular Economy, Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, Industry 5.0, Embodied Conversational Agents, Robots for Sustainability
- have experience in research collaborations with international partners
In addition, experience teaching at a university or comparable institution is required. Experience developing new teaching concepts and content, and experience supervising bachelor’s and master’s students is desirable. Previous experience acquiring third-party funding for research and development projects and a good network within the German and international research community is desirable. Experience in the (co-)supervision of PhD theses is an advantage.
What we offer:
As an employer, we
- offer an exciting role at W2 pay level (according to LBesG) and responsibility for attractive research and development projects
- provide family-friendly working conditions including flexible working time models, the option of working from home and childcare facilities
- facilitate further training and education to promote your personal and professional development
- provide a library and a cafeteria
- are part of a thriving region with numerous cultural, leisure and recreation opportunities, with sites in Sankt Augustin, Rheinbach and Hennef
H-BRS promotes diversity and equal opportunities. We are seeking to increase the number of female academics at our university and therefore particularly encourage applications from women. H-BRS is proud to be certified as a family-friendly university and to have been awarded a Diversity Audit certificate. Those with disabilities and other needs are part of our university, and inclusion is a top priority. The role is also available on a part-time basis.
For more information about the professorship opportunity, please contact Prof. Dr. Teena Hassan (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +49 2241 865 9608). For information about equal opportunities at H-BRS, please contact our Equal Opportunity Commissioner Dr. Barbara Hillen by tel.: +49 2241 865 268 or by email: email@example.com.
Become a part of Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg (H-BRS) and apply via our job portal by 10. December 2023.