We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Low-Emission Transport is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
Scientist (m/f/d) Battery Materials Development and Characterization
- Center for Low-Emission Transport -
- The synthesis, development, electrode processing and characterization of active materials for lithium and post lithium-ion batteries is essential for improving their electrochemical performance. In addition, new solutions and concepts for battery active materials and electrodes must be cost-effective, environmentally sustainable, and serve to reduce the use of critical raw materials.
- Together with our international multidisciplinary team of scientists, students, engineers, and technicians, you will develop the next generation of energy storage materials for a sustainable electromobility of the future.
- You develop concepts, specifications, and procedures for the development of new materials for energy storage applications and characterize them using techniques such as XRD, SEM and Raman spectroscopy.
- You apply electrochemical characterization techniques such as GCPL and CV with a special focus on EIS measurements and their evaluation using equivalent circuit models
- You have some experience in the development of multi-valent ion chemistries for energy storage devices
- You help design, acquire, and lead national and international research and client projects.
- You strengthen your network with both industrial and academic partners.
- You write scientific publications and support other scientists in doing so.
- You supervise PhD students
- Your results contribute to the success of our current research and development projects.
- You support grant applications for new projects.
- You establish new methods and processes within our battery materials development and characterization team.
- Your results will build your expertise and international recognition within the area.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- You hold a PhD degree in chemistry, physics or materials science
- You have at least 5 years of experience in electrochemical characterization and materials development for energy storage (use of Maccor, Biologic, Arbin or comparable systems, with a strong background in EIS measurements)
- You have experiences in lithium-ion technologies, including the water-based processing of electrodes
- You have good experience in materials synthesis and working in a chemical laboratory
- You are a good communicator and highly motivated team player
- Very good English (written and spoken at technical level), German desirable, but not necessary
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 55.020,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of diversity is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants.
Please submit your application documents including CV, cover letter and certificates online.
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?