We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Vision, Automation & Control is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
Junior Scientist (m/f/d) Fast Vision for Robotics
- Center for Vision, Automation & Control -
- Our Competence Unit High-Performance Vision Systems (HVS) has been active in research for industrial inspection and quality assurance for more than 20 years, which makes us a technology leader in this area.
- We develop ultrafast line scan sensors and cameras; we design scalable embedded vision systems and apply machine learning methods (for e.g., deep learning) to conduct high-performance visual quality inspections of products in manufacturing plants and production processes.
- We develop 2D and 3D vision systems, that go beyond state of the art. To reach this we combine innovations in hardware, software, and algorithms.
- We transfer high-speed machine vision knowledge to the domain of robotic inspection, investigate different low-latency sensor solutions for their usability in visual servoing and robotic manipulation, and work with fast, on-chip data reduction.
- Together with the project team, you research and develop novel methods in real-time vision for robotic systems, that can be used for vision-based control in industrial processes such as manufacturing or repair.
- You develop robust robot-based inspection systems with different sensors such as event-based sensors and explore low-latency 3D vision for visual servoing towards anytime algorithms, including pose estimation and fast gripping.
- You investigate multi-modal approaches based on a combination of vision sensors, depth sensors and other modalities to enhance 3D reconstruction.
- You take up the latest research results from the field of image processing and computer vision and actively develop them further.
- You will work independently on work-packages or smaller projects and you will supervise interns.
- You disseminate your findings in scientific literature and are partnering with colleagues in science projects, to bring ideas to life.
- Realise vision solutions together with a team of specialists in 3D and 2D Vision, AI, FPGA and electronics, CUDA, high-speed computing, inspection systems, robot vision und more.
- Your fast vision solutions will enable robotic tasks with unprecedented speed, flexibility, and robustness.
- As part of an interdisciplinary team, your solutions improve the working world of the future and contribute to sustainable production processes.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- Completed technical studies in computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, physics, or other related fields
- First experience in computer vision or image processing, especially in the design of complex algorithms would be a plus
- Excellent knowledge of mathematical methods, especially numerical methods
- Knowledge of the programming languages Python, C, C++, and MATLAB.
- Knowledge of image acquisition techniques, optics, computer architectures and parallel processing is an advantage
- Ability to work in a team, flexibility, and commitment
- Very good command of English, both in spoken and written, German knowledge is an advantage
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 45.836,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online.
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?